Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Hot Topic Lipgloss-A review and obscure artical

So, I'm doing a review of Hot Topic's high shine chubby lip gloss in black. That may not sound overwhelming but I think I can show you something cool about how to use makeup that may not be exactly what you thought it was when you bought it.

Now, I bought this lipgloss because if I bought a certain number of  items it wound up cheaper. I'm not one to really like lipgloss or even normally buy makeup from Hot Topic but I thought it would be cool to use in SFX and character looks.


It's a pretty good size, even for the price of 4.50 and I like the applicator ALOT. I hate doe-foot applicators, this one is a rounded stick with the same texture.
Unfortunately, it's a really translucent black; there's hardly any pigment


Here is without and with flash. It's super glossy as you can see, which is nice since I don't feel the formula's too gloppy but you have to slather it on to even sorta get a color. Now obviously you could use a black lipstick/liner but I didn't buy this because I wanted to buy something else. (I happen to own a black lipliner but that doesn't mean everyone who buys this will.)

You're probably saying "Yeah no s*** Sherlock this is a Hot Topic lipgloss did you expect it to be good?" No. I didn't. I did pay money for it though and I don't care what the brand is, I want people to know what they're getting.

Now, I actually have found I really like this lipgloss, not on its own or even over black. I like it over literally every other color in my collection.
Take, for example, this Revlon lipstick in black cherry:                                 




It creates this pretty purple-red, making an already dark lipstick even darker. I also put it over my least favorite lip color, this bubblegum pink lipliner and it turned this really awesome purple

I also tried a rose gold metallic and it was kind of cool but did not photograph well. Lastly, a red with pink undertones, OCC's Vintage lip tar
and of course, you can put it over black.

My point is, I bought a product that turned out to be disappointing, but I can still use it. The number of people who just throw away products or shove them in a drawer kills me slowly, so at least experiment a little.

Sorry for the boring and somewhat weird post, but I felt like this was a good way to show off my point. I just placed an Elf order so I think I'm gonna do a review of some of the products I'm trying. I happen to love Elf but they put out some pretty crappy things sometimes so that it should be interesting.

Until then, thanks for reading my first "Review" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment